Finding Heroes helps you bring a greater wellbeing focus into your classroom.
This professional development program, consisting of an introductory and follow-up workshop, is designed to equip teachers, educators and youth professionals with the practical skills and resources essential to improving the emotional and social wellbeing of students.
- Increased confidence in bringing a wellbeing focus to your classroom.
- A tool kit of practical tools and activities you can use immediately in your classroom.
- Improved ability to engage and communicate with students about wellbeing.
- Connection with a community of peers.
Finding Heroes is a series of two workshops - consisting of an introductory workshop and graduate workshop.
The workshop series is designed to provide participants with practical skills and resources, as well as a theoretical framework, to support the implementation of wellbeing strategies in the classroom.
The Introductory Workshop is for teachers and youth professionals who have not previously attended Finding Heroes. The Graduate Workshop is designed to extend upon the Introductory Workshop experience.
Reach recommends teachers attend both Introductory and Graduate workshops consecutively. However if this is not possible, teachers have the option to book into an individual workshop on a date that suits them.
- Introductory and Graduate Workshop are held throughout the school year in VIC from 8:45-5pm.
- It's recommended that participants attend both workshops, although this is optional.
- The cost to attend the Finding Heroes program is $575 (including access to online resources and lunch on both days). However, if you have attended an Introductory workshop previoulsy, you're welcome to simply attend the follow-up workshop (cost $350).
- Participants are supported post-program with access to an integrated online resource kit, featuring six modules and more than 20 classroom activities.
- A 10% discount applies when booking both an Introductory and Graduate Workshop.